So how did Week 1 go for you? *big-grin*
I have to admit, not the best week for me, but I managed to lose 1.1% of body fat and gain 0.2kg on lean mass. Yay! And I have proof!!! Mwahaha~
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. That’s not much of a difference, right? But hey, it’s only been 1 week on the program, give me some credit la. I keep telling myself – consistency, consistency; focus on consistency.
Oh and guess what?!
If you remember, in my first post of this series – How to get a beach-ready body in 28-days (Intro) – I mentioned a few things that you probably didn’t know about me…
Point #1 in that post – I don’t know how to swim.
Well, I decided to take Adib’s advice and take up swimming lessons... and I start this week! :-D
Not sure how this will go (my phobia of water is still very apparent), but it will be worth the try. Please pray for me ya! Haha.
So back to our to-do list for a beach-ready body (tick if you've done accordingly this week) – THEF:
- Keep track of weight/inches, food and water intake (if you’re tracking your sleep too that’s great!)
- Keep bikini in sight to stay motivated
- 1 litre of water in the morning, before breakfast
- Another 1 to 2 litres of water during the rest of the day (depending on how much you need. Learn how to calculate here)
- No skipping breakfast
- Sufficient sleep
- Consistent morning routine
- 11-minute cardio (see cardio program here) followed by…
- Top-to-toe stretching and..
- Toning exercise 10 reps each, with a 30-second rest interval between each exercise
- Balanced diet, eat more protein and no skipping meals (our body burns more calories digesting proteins than it does digesting carbohydrates, so technically, we’ll be burning fat while eating proteins)
- Daily supplement (learn how to choose one that’s right for you here)
- Weight loss snacks
This week, we are going to turn it up a notch:
1) Beef up our cardio from 11 minutes to 14 minutes.
Oh I soooo feel like eating a piece of steak now. Focus, Panda, focus. Okay, back to beefing up our cardio. We’re going to add on an additional 3 minutes of the following to our existing plan (cardio plan here):
- 2 minutes – Exertion/Intensity level 5
- 1 minute – Recovery/Intensity level 1
Don’t undermine this additional 3 minutes. If you’ve been doing last week’s suggested cardio workout, you’ll know it’s not as easy as it looks.
2) Keep doing the same toning exercises; except that we’re going to spend 15 minutes doing this every day this week (instead of alternate days).
I’d suggest doing it in the mornings before you hop into the shower – get it out of the way, at the start of the day.
Consistency, consistency; focus on consistency.
Have fun working out this week ladies. Meantime, here’s a little motivation to keep you going.